Saturday, March 19, 2011

...something to share....


... the netherlands ...
 It was summer holidays and the thought of taking a break after being 'zombies' for weeks - reading and completing our assignments, would now come thro'...Hahaha....we will paint the city red-der red!!! tak  bawak cat pun....  My friends/classmates  and i hopped-in to a bus heading to Heathrow Airport.   Our destination - The Netherlands...How excited were we....laughing our hearts away. We've heard and read so much about the windmills and the tulips and now its time to observe them.

The Netherlands.......here we come!!!!...siap kau... Oh yes, we put up (kongsi duitla ni...) in a delightful hotel, near the town of Lisse, some 30km southwest of Amsterdam.
...tak yah citer la apa yang kami dok buat kat sini...biasa je cam pelancong2 lain dok buat bila depa pi tempat owang...taknak la cam riak  je nak menunjuk pulak.  Gambaq2 tu ada la jugak kami ambik kalu nak bukti...mai la umah kami...hahaha. Entah2 kalian pun dah pernah pi sana. Yang ceq cuma nak habaq bagi ni benda lain...kira cam baguih la kot....

Masa balik...., at Armsterdam Airport Schipol, I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together...hahaha...jahatnya saya, sesekali ...suka gak tengok gelagat orang... eavesdropping incidently...The daughter had to now board her plane - her departure would be on the American Airlines to Los Angeles and standing near the security gate, they hugged and the father said, "I love you. I wish you enough." The daughter in turn said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy". They hugged, kissed and she left....owang putih ni tak kisah tau cium mium depan ramai...ala, awatnya...lagipun ni adegan anak and ayah dia je..setakat cium pipi kiri kanan....cam bersalaman la tu cara kita kat  kampung.
The father then walked over towards the window where I was seated...with my backpack and  french fries (haha though I bought it in the Netherlands!!!  why wasn't they called Dutch fries??? London fries, MALAYSIAN Fries???!!!) and a magazine. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?"

"Yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad (ayah saya la, ni bhasa owang putih ) had done for me. Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me....and now, he has long now gone...I TRULY MZ HIM...

So I knew then what this man was experiencing.

"Forgive me for asking Sir, but why is this a forever good-bye to your daughter Sir?" I asked. What a question to asked to a stranger...i ponder!!!??...tertanya sendiri berani kau ni minah tanya soalan gitu??? dahla terpasang telinga dengar cakap owang tadi!!! Nak buat camna, depa cakap pun  kira suara kuat gak.

"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead, and the reality is, the next trip back will be for my funeral," he said. I was indeed surprised by his response. Well, I continued the conversation by asking him again...tak serik pun, tambah berani lagi ni adala... " Pardon me Sir, when you were saying good-bye to your daughter just now I heard you say,'I wish you enough. May I ask what that means Sir?" Sorry for my asking yeah. I'm just curious.

Terperanjat tulips saya...He began to smile at me nasib baikla pakcik ni tak marah saya kepoh terdengar perbualan dia ngan anak dia tadi, "O, ok..That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a moment and looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more at me...baiknya pakcik niii...kalau boleh, nak la saya panggil ayah.kat dia..!!!??? biaq dia pulak terperanjat roses !!!
"When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them," he continued and then turning towards me he shared the following as if he were reciting it from memory...and I actually jotted these words down in my magazine which i was reading whilst waiting for my connecting flight to Heathrow....Thank God, Alhamdulillah, i remembered them all... ni yang saya nak share ni...saya dah editla sikt2 bagi senang faham..

It goes like this... 


I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye.
 
He then excuse himself, and walked away ( saya perasan airmatanya bergenang masa bercakap ngan saya, saya pun terasa sayu la jugak...sedih tau dengaq cara dia cakap...iyalah...orang tua tau ni)  ....i just watched him go; my being speechless for a few minutes...cool, calm and collected....before residing to my seat. 
My being tired and weary after my tour in the Land of the Windmills and Tulips, this old man had actually make my day...and I fly 'home' to Heathrow with endless memory of the red lights streets, The Netherlands them...  

...dank je wel...Ik hou van jou...

...to be continued...next entry, God's wiling...

No comments: