A glimpse of "Putih"... back in my hometown, visiting my grandma last long Hari Raya hols, sat by the window of my room, i watched my grandma throw a handful of seeds on the ground for the covey of doves huddled in the trees about a hundred metres away. Eventually they ventured out in a single line from the trees and began pecking away at the ground, grateful I am sure, for the sustenance during the very chilly misty mornings after the rain.
But doves are skittish birds and at the slightest hint of movement or noise, they flurry back to the safety of the small grove of acacias nearby. The sound of their wings made low whirring sounds in unity which I could hear even through the closed window.
As I watched, there was one dove, who remained behind and kept eating. Every day, this little ritual would occur, and every day, I watched Putih, as I came to calling her, remain behind and continue eating. I suddenly became aware of how people get so into the group thinking and run because everyone runs, that they rob themselves of the blessings in store if they were just bold enough to remain and face their fear and risk not thinking like everyone else.
I learned a lot from Putih that week as day after day, her boldness paid off. She got more to eat than the others, she conserved her energy by not flurrying off like the others.
I call Putih bold. She dared to be different and stand alone when she needed to.
My verdict: Bold means to live life to the fullest and not give in to fear…coz freedom lies in being bold. Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. Hence, life is to be lived forwards and understood backwards... Life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it ! What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.To fulfill our visions, we need to be bold. We need to be able to let go of our fears. Boldness is the magic brew that spurs us on to venture beyond known territories, undertake new adventures, and make bigger dreams. A healthy dose of boldness is required if we want our lives to change. It is the kick start to living a life of being free from fear. I cannot claim to be completely fearless. In fact, on several occasions, I had quivered in nervousness, shook on my knees and spent countless sleepless nights due to anxiety. But over and over again, I had plucked up courage; ready to take on new adventures. Hopefully, The Almighty Allah grant me ...always...the courage to be bold...Amin...

No comments:
Post a Comment